Tuesday 1 January 2013

Terrain, scenery, props

One of the things I've always enjoyed is making little bits and pieces of terrain/scenery/props. I like to make rather than buy for the most part.

I don't have any of the stuff I made as a kid.  Which is a shame, because I spent many hours putting tiles on roofs.  I've been going for sci-fi scenery so far.  I have some plants made from old Christmas decorations that I'm quite pleased with, but also I've been making things out of bits of packaging.

My favourites so far are the tomato-tray-buildings and the salad-lid-landing-pad.

Here's a tray that you get tomatoes in:
 And here's what you get if you use it as a mould for plaster-of-Paris.  Didn't shake it enough to get all the bubbles out.  I added some odds and ends.  I have this painted but no photos yet.
 My landing pad, made from the lid of a a Tesco salad box plus some plastic for the legs and left-over metal corners from an Ikea cardboard tray:

A 15mm figure (from www.15mm.co.uk) for scale:





No comments:

Post a Comment